Beach holiday with dog
Beach holiday with dog
Isn’t it heartbreaking when you go out with the whole family and that sweet four-legged friend has to stay behind?! At Strandpark Vlugtenburg, you can go on holiday with your dog. We have made a special distinction between pet-free bungalows and bungalows where dogs are allowed. What could be nicer than a nice long beach walk with the dog!
The Netherlands has several dog beaches, where you can enjoy the perfect combination of sun, sea, beach and a walk with the dog. To the south of the Vlugtenburg beach entrance, dogs are allowed all year round, including during your summer vacation!
Special for pets
We have a number of bungalows that are suitable for guests who would like to bring their dog. Due to the availability of these bungalows, dogs are only allowed on request and we would like them to be registered when booking. There is a maximum of two dogs per bungalow. Unfortunately, pets are not allowed in our Pipowagons on the beach.
*Cats are unfortunately not allowed in our accommodations
Read our dog blogs:
Frequently asked questions about dogs
Definitely! Dogs are allowed almost everywhere on our park. At the campsite and in the safari tents anyway, at the bungalows we have pet-free bungalows and bungalows where dogs are allowed.
We have some rules to make all guests comfortable, these are them:
- Dogs must not be left alone in the accommodation: We ask you not to leave your faithful four-legged friend alone in the accommodation. After all, they are part of the family and also deserve fun and adventure during your holidays.
- Always on a lead: safety for everyone in the park: To ensure the safety of all park guests, we kindly ask you to keep your dog on a lead at all times. This allows us to ensure that everyone can enjoy our beautiful holiday park in peace and comfort.
- Poop clean-up mandatory: use our dog poop bags: We would like our holiday park to remain clean and pleasant for everyone. Therefore, we kindly ask you to clean up your dog’s faeces immediately. No worries, we provide dog poop bags at various locations, such as the reception, restaurant and toilet block, so you are always provided for.
- Report damage: if the dog causes damage, report it to reception: It can always happen that damage occurs accidentally. If your dog accidentally damages something, we kindly ask you to report it to reception immediately. That way, together we can ensure a quick solution and put the damage right.
- Dog-friendly restaurant: dogs are welcome in our restaurant: We understand that your dog is part of the family and want you to enjoy a delicious meal together. That is why dogs are welcome in our restaurant.
- Keep your dog on a lead around the bungalow, even if you are present: To ensure the peace and comfort of all guests, we kindly ask you to keep your dog on a lead around the bungalow, even if you are present. This prevents unexpected situations and makes everyone feel safe and at ease.
Definitely! Walk onto the beach and on the left, dogs are allowed to run loose all year round. In addition, the holiday park borders the dunes where you can go for lovely walks with the dog.
Near the park is a veterinary clinic at this address: Veilingkade 5, 2694 BH ‘s-Gravenzande
To be reached at this number: 0174 414 098
Eetcafé Zout is the restaurant to go to with your dog. This is the park’s restaurant and here there is always a bowl of water ready for the faithful four-legged friends!
The sea can be found a 10-minute walk from the park. Want slightly calmer water? The Prinsenbos in Naaldwijk is a beautiful, small nature reserve with a lake.